Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Playlists 1 Of 2

Due to popular demand here are the tracklists for the Christmas mixtapes you may or may not have received from me (if you didn't...it just means I don't love you that much...jkz haha). I made two main CDs- one with happier, more poppy tracks and another CD for the 'more discerning listener'. I didn't give out tracklists 'cos i didn't have a printer handy. I may have mixed the tracks up a little bit between discs so here's what I have left. I'll give some lyrics so you can figure it out yourself. 

i aimed to introduce a good mix of Aussie music to you guys. Plus some non-aussie ones too.

'Fun Disc'
  • 'Breathing from a hole in my lung, waiting for someone...' Aussie rock royalty turned pop whackjobs Silverchair with their biggest single yet Straight Lines
  • 'You're keeping secrets, there's only one I need to find...' older Aussie rock Motor Ace with Keeping Secrets. These guys are no longer a band
  • 'If I've learnt anything from this, it'll all be gone, all be gone...' new Aussie punk darlings The Getaway Plan with Where The City Meets The Sea. I do quite enjoy this single even if their album is a bit boring.
  • 'Give me 20 good reasons to let you go/i need to know' Aussie pub pop rock faves Thirsty Merc with the song called 20 Good Reasons funnily enough
  • 'Do you belong to a song, does it drag you along by the tongue at the top of your lungs?...'American punk weirdos The Matches with Salty Eyes
  • 'Did I say I'm just a boy?...' Aussie acoustic folk bro-sis duo Angus & Julia Stone with Just A Boy
  • 'From the brightest side of this star, i'll forget just who you are...' 22 Of 3 is one my favourite songs from another Aussie group Gyroscope
  • There's a song called Funky Tonight by The John Butler Trio (Aussie) which you should be able to figure out yourself
  • 'Sugarcane in the easy morning, weathervanes my side to cross to...' or something like that. Panic At The Disco (minus the !) with Northern Downpour
  • 'She wants to go to the seaside, but it doesn't mean that everybody wants to go...' British indie heartthrobs The Kooks with Seaside
  • Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine is a deadset classic and you should recognise it yourself
  • 'Taking everything I know, and put in into action...' Aussie acoustic duo Playjerise with Safe To Say. Not on commercial radio. Christian too.
  • 'We all have a weakness, some of us are easy to identify, look me in the eye...' it's Incubus baby!! Dig from their new album
  • I'm pretty sure this song has an msn sound in it somewhere. Or maybe that was another song. Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn from American hipsters Hellogoodbye
  • 'I got the way, the way has got me...' Aussie indie-pop siren Kate Miller-Heidke with I Got The Way. She's a looker.
  • Speaking of lookers, Hayley Williams owns my heart forever...ha. Tasteful Foo Fighters cover My Hero by Paramore
  • 'I see your shadow on the street now, i hear you push through the grass to get...' real Aussie rock royalty Powderfinger with classic My Happiness from the 90s.
Well that's enough playlisting for one post. I'll get the other one together at a later date. This might be the actual order some of you might've received the CD. I didn't mix it up that much tbh. Let me know if this helps at all.

Comprende? 

(:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

need playlist 2 of 2!

so far, my fave is track 8

Unknown said...

can i get this CD too? please?

sounds fascinating