Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unpacking My Mind Takes Longer Than Unpacking My Junk

Back in the Gong and I've spent the last 3 days unpacking- both literally and figuratively speaking. Mostly just clearing out old junk in my room to make room for the new junk accrued from our adventures abroad.

Clearing through old stuff is always an interesting experience. The memories attached to specific items are what make us who we are really. An old birthday card, a newspaper cutting, a drawing of a pokemon...all are tied to moments in my life that one simply cannot reject. I have this sort of inherited sentimental streak in me, which means i have a lot of such junk from my childhood and onwards simply lying around my room acting as dust-collectors.

I try to disconnect myself from the process and discard objects mercilessly, but funnily enough mum requests a second check before i throw anything out. There's that inherited sentimental streak I mentioned!


So it took me about 3 days to complete it, but here are the before and after shots! All that junk on the floor is simply paper i pulled out from my desk. There was a lot more to come trust me. Also did some reorganising of my corkboard and my walls, which i take some pride in. It's something of a hobby I guess. Phye Beng collects Transformers, I collect random pictures and gifts and post them on my corkboard and walls.

This table did not look like this beforehand. The fan was a nice touch i thought. From a water puppet show in hanoi, vietnam we caught in 2005. I'd like to thank whoever provided me with the Q.Q.Bee Sweet Family photo frame in the secret Santa. It serves well.


My corkboard you may or may not recognise from last year. Now with included SOUNDWAVE timetable! Various Christmas knick knacks and movie tickets also included. Photos haven't been updated in a while though.

And here's my wall of black and white pictures I find in magazines and newspapers. It's almost complete! Spot Thom Yorke. New additions include: Transformers Animated Lockdown, Rubik's cube(s), Dark Knight pin-up, and a Riddler Pez dispenser.
......

The figurative unpacking may take a while longer yet...I'm still adjusting to the abrupt culture shock of life in Wollongong but it will all settle in time. Just happy to spend some quiet time alone, and not alone for now. Hence the unpacking business...

I'm simply very grateful for the time we had in Malaysia. again.

But now we face normal. real. routine. again.


Spare a thought for Sara though who is stuck at school!
I'm also very grateful that i still have
a month off before uni starts proper. :)

Cheerio. Kloo

6 comments:

Inspktor said...

You know, I collect Star Wars figs too.

Ha word verification is 'poloo'. How weird is that.

Kloo said...

I will name my son po. He will be a kung fu panda.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

you still have the hot wheels monster attack! mine was more awesome, though. larger, anyway

but it's gone now

:(

the lion graphic bible is the best animated bible i have ever read. this is from the guy with more than RM10,000 worth of comics, so it's a big deal

it is, alright!

your mutiara naga collection is impressive, but sadly incomplete. at least you have the Cell story arc

that photo on your desk when you were a fattie was taken in Albuquerque, new mexico. i still have mine from the same shoot

Kloo said...

I actually stole that hot wheels monster attack from 11A in 2007. Didn't it used to be yours?

I have no idea where that mutiara naga came from but i treasure it greatly.

Yes i used to be a fattie.

Trois Grands Garçons said...

word.
i love your black and white wall.
it is the reason i exsist